Thursday, October 22, 2009

can you hear that?

the setting: tonight, the Krug kitchen, 45 minutes before we need to be up at church, dinner burning, Eva screaming, AJK trying to do her homework, NCK grouching that Eva is messing up his playing, and I'm calling Alan to find out just how late he has to stay after work because I think I might be on the brink of a meltdown

Alyssa writes her memory work verse on our board:

Thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
I Corinthians 15:57

"Mom, I think this could be a family project. We could all learn this verse, and then when we are feeling glum or crabby or something, we can just be cheered up all over again."

Alyssa, I love you.
Lord, I hear You.

2 comments:

Christa said...

This is so sweet. It's a friday night, and I'm sitting at my computer waiting to go to dinner with my friends, anxiously awaiting fall break on Wednesday, and decide to check blogger. Reading this post, almost brought me to tears, what a wonderful reminder that God is always there for us!

Lisa said...

Agreed, Christa. Agreed.